Staff Attorney - Delta Region
Legal Aid of Arkansas is a public interest, not-for-profit law firm dedicated to assuring equal access to justice in civil matters for low-income Arkansans. Legal Aid’s advocates provide wraparound legal services in housing preservation, domestic violence prevention, economic justice, and consumer protection.
We seek a staff attorney for our Delta Region to work from the Helena, Jonesboro or West Memphis office. The attorney will be a member of our consumer protection workgroup and handle a standard caseload consisting primarily of bankruptcy, debt collection defense, unfair and deceptive sales practices, predatory lending, public utilities, sealing criminal records, and other consumer issues. The attorney will also assist with outreach and community education efforts and staff shifts on the Legal Aid Helpline.
- Arkansas State bar and Federal Court admission or eligible for reciprocity.
- Trial court experience, including Federal litigation, is a plus. Minimum two years practice experience preferred.
- Must have a strong desire to litigate.
- Ability to maintain good relationships with clients, co-workers, and the community.
- Driver’s license and ability to travel throughout Arkansas to represent clients.
If interested, please send resume to Lee Richardson, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary $48,000 plus, DOE, with excellent benefits. The position is open until filled. Legal Aid of Arkansas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.