Join the Justice for Arkansans program for 2016-2017!
Read the full description here
2016-2017 Member Application
What does Justice for Arkansans do?
- Justice for Arkansans is an AmeriCorps program that strives to increase access to justice.
- AmeriCorps members provide legal services to people who fall into one of the focus areas (discussed below).
- The AmeriCorps team recruits volunteers – including attorneys and law students – to help.
- AmeriCorps members:
- Provide direct legal services.
- Conduct legal outreach and education.
- Recruit volunteers and coordinate their efforts.
- Work with other legal advocates.
- Identify people with unmet needs.
What are the program's focus areas?
- Housing instability
- Employment barriers
- Social and economic circumstances that impact health
Who does the program help?
- Those re-entering society
- Homeless people and people with unstable housing