Beyond Opioids Communications Specialist/Administrative Assistant
Communications Specialist/Administrative Assistant
Legal Aid of Arkansas is a public interest, not-for-profit law firm dedicated to assuring equal access to justice in civil matters for low-income Arkansans. Legal Aid’s advocates provide legal services in housing preservation, domestic justice, economic justice, and consumer protection.
Legal Aid of Arkansas is seeking a Communications Specialist/Administrative Assistant based in our Rogers office to support our Beyond Opioids project. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to development and management of social media, website content, and other communications tools. The position will work closely with and be supervised by the Director of the Beyond Opioids project.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Create and deploy marketing content for the Beyond Opioids project.
· Manage and produce content for social media accounts, creating a consistent voice and compelling educational and professional content.
· Oversee web presence, developing and posting fresh content, drafting new content, and regularly updating websites to make sure pages are up-to-date, accurate, and accessible.
· Develop and implement an effective communications strategy that will help expand awareness about the Beyond Opioids project.
· Maintain and update printed and electronic materials including brochures, flyers, and other communications pieces to ensure brand consistency and accessibility.
· Plan, attend, and implement outreach/education events.
· Other administrative duties as assigned.
· At least 1-3 years of communications and marketing experience
· Experience with website development and design preferred
· Bachelor’s/Associate degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field preferred. Upper-level students may be considered.
· Experience managing and growing strong social and digital media accounts
· Excellent verbal, writing and oral communications skills
· Self-starting, team player with sharp communications instincts and trusted decision-making ability
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, three references, to Elizabeth King, Human Resources Director, at email@example.com. Competitive salary based on qualifications. The position is open until filled. Legal Aid of Arkansas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of those we serve. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.