Housing Staff Attorney - Jonesboro, AR
Staff Attorney, Housing Workgroup – Jonesboro
Legal Aid of Arkansas is a public interest, not-for-profit law firm dedicated to assuring equal access to justice in civil matters for low-income Arkansans. Legal Aid’s advocates provide wraparound legal services in housing preservation, domestic relations, economic justice, and consumer protection.
We are seeking an attorney to join our housing work group, which focuses on the preservation of safe, fair, and affordable housing throughout Arkansas. The staff attorney’s primary duties will be to represent tenants in eviction and subsidy termination cases, address abusive practices through affirmative and defensive litigation, and to protect homeownership within the low-income community. The attorney will also work with Legal Aid’s Fair Housing Project to identify and remedy housing discrimination in Northeast Arkansas.
- Arkansas State bar admission or eligible for reciprocity
- Strong personal work ethic and ability to organize time, manage diverse activities, and meet
critical deadlines with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with laws and regulations relevant to fair housing, homeowner and tenant rights, and public housing is a plus
- Excellent legal writing skills
- Trial court experience is a plus
- Ability to maintain good relationships with clients, co-workers, and the community
- Driver’s license and ability to travel throughout Arkansas to represent clients
Compensation and Benefits: The salary is $50,000-$77,000 per year, depending on experience. Legal Aid of Arkansas offers health and dental insurance, retirement, Supreme Court and bar association dues, CLE, position-related travel reimbursement and per diem, student loan repayment assistance, and other benefits.
To apply please email your resume and three references to Lee Richardson, firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is open until filled. Apply as soon as possible.
Legal Aid of Arkansas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.