Intake-Legal Support Specialist - Helena
Legal Aid of Arkansas is a public interest, a not-for-profit law firm dedicated to assuring equal access to justice in civil matters for low-income Arkansans. Legal Aid’s advocates provide wraparound legal services in housing preservation, domestic violence prevention, economic justice, and consumer protection. We are seeking qualified applicants for a full-time intake worker-legal support specialist position based in our Helena office. This position will be 30 hours per week. Hours will be Monday - Thursday 8:30 - 4:00 and Friday 8:30 - 12:00.
- Screen prospective clients for eligibility through our HelpLine and in person.
- Provide administrative support for attorneys and other staff
- Assist clients that walk in to the office
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Secretarial or paralegal experience preferred; ability to type a minimum of 50 wpm.
- A commitment to public interest work and the desire to assist low-income individuals.
- Persuasive writing, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
To apply please email resume and three references to Andrea Walker at email@example.com. The position is open until filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Legal Aid of Arkansas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or veteran status.