Intake-Legal Support Specialist - Jonesboro
Legal Aid of Arkansas is a public interest, a not-for-profit law firm dedicated to assuring equal access to justice in civil matters for low-income Arkansans. Legal Aid’s advocates provide wraparound legal services in housing preservation, domestic violence prevention, economic justice, and consumer protection. We are seeking qualified applicants for full or part-time Legal Support Specialist/intake worker position based in our Jonesboro office.
Screen prospective clients for eligibility through our HelpLine and in person.
Provide legal secretary support for local office staff
- Perform other administrative and outreach/community education duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree or higher preferred.
- Secretarial or paralegal experience preferred; ability to type a minimum of 50 wpm.
- A commitment to public interest work and the desire to assist low-income individuals.
- Persuasive writing, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Bi-lingual candidates encouraged to apply.
Salary, Benefits and other support
Starting salary of $11.28-$17.44, depending on experience. Legal Aid of Arkansas offers health and dental insurance, retirement, position-related travel reimbursement and per diem, and other benefits.
To apply, please bring a resume and three references to the Legal Aid office at 714 S Main Street, Jonesboro, on Wednesday, February 12 anytime from 9am to Noon or 1pm to 3pm for open interviews. Please direct any questions to Andrea Walker, 870-972-9224 ext. 6303, or firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is open until filled.
Legal Aid of Arkansas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or veteran status.