Legal Support Specialist
Legal Aid of Arkansas seeks a paralegal/legal support professional for its Opioid Project. This non-exempt level employee will assist and provide support to the Project Director and other project staff.
Legal Aid of Arkansas is a public interest, not-for-profit law firm dedicated to assuring equal access to justice in civil matters for low income Arkansans through legal representation, advocacy, community partnerships, education and outreach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advance consortium relations.
- Develop project materials such as brochures, billboards, public service announcements, etc. under the direction of the Project Director and Director of Mission Engagement
- . Performs a variety of legal support duties related to the project.
- Acts as a project point of contact.
- Responsible for implementing and staffing project meetings under the direction of the Director of Mission Engagement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong planning, problem solving, and organizing skills.
- Effective oral and written communicative abilities.
- Positive interpersonal skills to deal with employees, volunteers from private bar & clients.
- Experience drafting court pleadings and client correspondence.
- Spanish language skills a plus but not required.
- Associates Degree, Paralegal Certification, JD or a minimum of three years practical experience in the legal profession or project development.
- Valid driver’s license, liability insurance, and access to an automobile.
Salary $13.33-$23.08 hourly, DOE, with excellent benefits and language differential. Position is open until filled.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume, and references to: Jordan Meador at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Legal Aid is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or veteran status.