Medical-Legal Partnership Attorney - Little Rock
Legal Aid of Arkansas is a public interest, not-for-profit law firm dedicated to assuring equal access to justice in civil matters for low-income Arkansans. We are a recognized national leader in the deployment of innovative service models with Medical-Legal Partnerships in rural community health centers, at Arkansas Children’s Hospital, and with community mental health agencies. We cultivate corporate and pro bono commitments to the MLPs and leverage the power of MLPs to effect meaningful change for our clients.
We seek a staff attorney for our Arkansas Children’s Hospital office in Little Rock. Primary duties will include client representation and integration into a Legal Aid Economic Justice substantive law work group with a primary focus on access to public benefits, health care, and education cases. A portion of time will be devoted to developing relationships with and educating healthcare providers and community members about the MLP.
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Representing clients in all levels of a case, including negotiations, administrative hearings, trials, and appeals.
- Researching legal issues and providing legal advice.
- Conducting community and partner legal education.
- Drafting legal fact sheets and outreach materials.
- Integration into a Legal Aid workgroup.
- Conducting intakes and interviews for applicants seeking legal assistance.
- Arkansas bar admission or eligible for reciprocity.
- Medical technology/information privacy knowledge a plus.
- Ability to establish and maintain good community relationships.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
- Driver’s license and ability to travel throughout Arkansas.
The position will be embedded at Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Little Rock. If interested, please send resume to Hannah Roe, Medical-Legal Partnership Supervising Attorney, at email@example.com. Salary $42,000-$75,000, DOE with excellent benefits. The position is open until filled. Legal Aid of Arkansas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.