Pro Bono Coordinator (2)
Legal Aid of Arkansas, Inc., a non-profit law firm providing free civil legal services to the low income and elderly residents in 31 counties in North and East Arkansas, seeks a Pro Bono coordinator. The pro bono coordinators will assist low-income clients with civil legal matters through volunteer recruitment, coordination, and case referrals. One position will be housed in a Legal Aid office in Springdale and the other in Jonesboro, Newport or West Memphis.
The Coordinators will be responsible for placing pro bono matters, coordinating volunteer recruitment, orienting new volunteers, overseeing and developing volunteer recognition, tracking cases, resolving complaints, conducting outreach, maintaining community relations, performing administrative tasks, and developing partnership opportunities with law firms, corporations, law schools, colleges, bar associations, and other organizations. The Coordinator will work closely with substantive work group leaders and other staff members to manage Legal Aid’s relationships with private attorneys throughout our 31 county service area.
- Strong planning, problem solving and organizing skills.
- Effective oral and written communicative abilities.
- Positive interpersonal skills to deal with employees, volunteers from the private bar, and low-income clients.
- Ability to participate in occasional weekend and evening events and clinics.
- Associates degree or paralegal experience, Bachelor Degree or JD preferred.
- Shall possess the ability to work well with low-income persons.
Salary will start at $13.33 per hour plus, DOE. Excellent benefits. Please submit a resume to Greneda Johnson, Director of Private Attorney Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer.