Legal Aid of Arkansas is a public interest, not-for-profit law firm dedicated to assuring equal access to justice in civil matters for low income Arkansans. Legal Aid’s advocates provide wraparound legal services in housing preservation, domestic violence prevention, economic justice, and consumer protection.
Legal Aid is soliciting resumes for staff attorneys primarily serving the 3rd, 4th, 14th, 16th, 19th and 20th Judicial Districts. Positions may be full-time or part-time, depending on the applicant’s preference and the needs of Legal Aid. At least partial remote work is contemplated, dependent on the position. Cases will primarily be in our Domestic Justice work group with an emphasis on minority victims of crime, elder abuse victims, and victims who speak English as a second language.
- Licensed to practice law in Arkansas or eligible for reciprocity. The need is immediate so those pending bar examination need not apply.
- A commitment to public interest work and desire to assist crime victims.
- Strong writing, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- An ability to provide victim-centered, trauma-informed, and culturally competent legal assistance to crime victims/survivors.
- An ability to work collaboratively in a variety of contexts and with multiple organizations to facilitate comprehensive services to crime victims/survivors.
- Minimum of two years’ law practice and community education and outreach experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Salary, Benefits and other support
The successful candidate will receive an annual salary of $45,000-$75,000 (prorated for part-time positions), depending on experience. Legal Aid of Arkansas offers health and dental insurance, retirement, Supreme Court and bar association dues, CLE, position-related travel reimbursement and per diem, Student Loan Repayment Assistance, and other benefits. Benefits will vary depending on full-time or part-time status.
To apply please email questions, resume, and three references to Lee Richardson, email@example.com. Position is open until filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Legal Aid of Arkansas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or veteran status.