Staff Attorneys – North Central and Eastern Arkansas
Legal Aid of Arkansas is a premier public interest, not-for-profit law firm dedicated to assuring equal access to justice in civil matters for low income Arkansans. Legal Aid’s attorneys focus on housing preservation, domestic justice, economic justice, and consumer protection.
Legal Aid is soliciting resumes for multiple staff attorney positions from individuals interested in serving clients in North Central and Eastern Arkansas. We are not seeking staff attorneys for Northwest Arkansas. Positions are available in our Domestic Justice, Consumer, and Housing workgroups.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A passionate inclination to public interest work, including a commitment to a minimum of three years in the position if selected. Working for a Legal Aid program should be your dream job.
- Licensed to practice law in Arkansas, eligible for reciprocity, or scheduled to sit for the February 2021 Bar Exam.
- Strong written, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills plus the desire and ability to work collaboratively in a variety of contexts and with multiple organizations to facilitate comprehensive services.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Attorneys who join our team will have the opportunity to be involved in several cutting-edge projects. Examples include:
- Beyond Opioids, which strives to help individuals with substance use with civil legal issues.
- Fair Housing, which works to educate Arkansans about the Fair Housing Act and engage in enforcement through legal work when there is non-compliance.
- Minority and Elderly Crime Victim Project, assisting survivors of domestic violence
All applicants will be considered for multiple positions unless you note otherwise in your packet of interest.
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation is based on a competitive public interest salary scale, currently $45,000 to $75,000, DOE. Benefits package includes medical and dental insurance; location incentive; relocation allowance; liberal leave; student loan repayment; and retirement plan.
If interested, please send inquiries and resume to Lee Richardson, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary DOE. Legal Aid of Arkansas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.