Intake-Legal Support Specialist - West Memphis
Legal Aid of Arkansas is a public interest, a not-for-profit law firm dedicated to assuring equal access to justice in civil matters for low-income Arkansans. Legal Aid’s advocates provide wraparound legal services in housing preservation, domestic violence prevention, economic justice, and consumer protection. We are seeking qualified applicants for a Legal Support Specialist/intake worker position based in our West Memphis office.
- Screen prospective clients for eligibility through our HelpLine and in person.
- Provide legal secretary support for local office staff
- Perform other administrative and outreach/community education duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree or higher preferred.
- Secretarial or paralegal experience preferred; ability to type a minimum of 50 wpm.
- A commitment to public interest work and the desire to assist low-income individuals.
- Persuasive writing, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Bi-lingual candidates encouraged to apply.
Salary, Benefits and other support
Starting salary of $11.28-$17.44, depending on experience. Legal Aid of Arkansas offers health and dental insurance, retirement, position-related travel reimbursement and per diem, and other benefits.
To apply please email resume and three references to Lee Richardson, firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is open until filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Legal Aid of Arkansas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or veteran status.